Friday, November 27, 2009

Newsletter Updating

I'm working on my second issue of the EarthTides Pagan Network Newsletter as editor and I am having a blast! I really like trying to get articles to fit well on pages, make the alignment and placement of images look good, as well as organize and keep the calendar and networking sections up-to-date.

I am also the webmaster for the site (http://www.earthtides.org) and so I get to set up a lot of the nuance and updates for that as well.

I think my mind really enjoys organizing data and analyzing structures. Probably why I got a degree in physics and have been an algorithm programmer for over a decade. The "devil" is in the details, as they say, though I am not sure I am fond of that phrase, mainly because the "fun" is in the details. I guess that might be the point, from some points of view.

In any event, along with editing and laying out the newsletter, I also write a regular column for it, "Faerie Tidings," with my partner Starcat. She also has a regular column, and I have decided to start a regular column as well called, go figure, "BlackLion's Den."

In those articles, I hope to be able to convey some similar things that I have on this blog as well as give folks some thoughts and ideas from my point of view. Then again, I am pretty sure it is not possible for me to translate the universe any other way.

I am nearly finished the updated contact information for the networking section and I will update the calendar section after that. Then I will be putting up a new map on the website so people can get an idea where to find local Pagan contacts to attend open circles and meet like-minded folks. Time to get back at it. Blessings!

No comments: