Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Wind

I was asked to write a poem but something that was darker.

Since it was a cold snowy icky day (as far as winter goes), I took a bit of that (the wind) and threw words around it...I hope you like it. :)

===

The Wind

Oh the wind
It howls loudly
In my darkness
It can find me
And chill me once more
It seeks my flesh
And it knows where to look
It always has

And with each passing step
It takes me further away
My only companion now
And a hurtful friend it is
But at least
I know it is there
Ever more it bites
And every moment I know
I am still alive
So far at least

But is it the life I live
That makes life worth living?
Or is it in those I love
Or thought I did
Or thought they loved me
That supposedly make it a life?
Knowing the ache of the cold
It seems like the only life
I can really know
Or want to know any more

The only thing in life
Is loss
Lose your lovers
Lose your friends
Lose your children
Lose yourself in the end
And why do I still care?
Why should I?
Is that what this
Is really about?
Or are we all fooling ourselves?
I know I am
Just to make me feel something
Other than this damn wind.

No comments: