Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Exciting Summer

So I have been doing quite a bit this summer and have enjoyed a great variety of spiritual, musical, and creative experiences.

The first Friday of each month from May-September, Starcat and I drum for the Dark Follies troupe in Monument Square in Portland. We play our djembe and dumbek (respectively) for belly dancers, fire spinners and other wonderful folks. We have a great time each time and we are looking forward to doing some winter shows as well. I think as we move forward, Starcat and I would enjoy more rehearsing rather than improv with the dancers so we can make the performances even more spectacular! :)

I also went down to the Raw Spirit Fest East in Maryland. The Fest was mainly about raw and living foods but the spiritual component was the real reason I went. I met so many amazingly interesting and flowing people when I was there. I enjoyed so much good raw food and also some great music as well! I met Maya Solovéy and Singing Bear. They are both amazing artists and are a great force in the emerging spiritual and enlightened musical river of joy! (wow! :) ) I am enjoying their music and look forward to discovering even more wonderful musicians that bring light and love to the world! I met some really cool folks like Michelle Pierson, who created Living Sun Foods. We had a great night of conversation and kava drinking! :)

And, last night, I went to a concert to one of my favorite bands, U2. They had an amazing light-show and I really, as always, enjoy their energy and artistry on stage. I am feeling the contrast, however, to the giant light show extravaganza, compared to the small venue, non-commercialized version of music. I must say that I think that U2 (as a band at least) may have lost themselves in the process of creating their product. I am totally happy that they can have these amazing experiences, yet I also hope that they are also taking care of their inner work and taking care of themselves on a spiritual level. They seem pretty happy on stage and I hope it continues into other areas of their lives!

Also, Starcat and I have begun anew on our writing projects. We have finished The Rite Foods cookbook with Lisa Marie, finishing up the core belief kit, refocusing on our Book of Ing (which we had finished the first draft on in 2007) and also we outlined and created characters on another book idea based on our Faerie Tidings articles we write for the EarthTides Pagan Network Newsletter (which I am now editor of btw).

We also did a fun and funny skit for Starcat's 40th birthday party!

Lots of exciting and creative projects and explorations!

Thank you all for being part of my experience and I am very much looking forward to creating and experiencing even more!

Here are some links to some amazing people!

Feline Dreamers
Singing Bear
Maya Solovéy
Living Sun Foods (Michelle Pierson)
Raw Spirit Festival
EarthTides Pagan Network
Rite Food and Company (Lisa Marie Lindenschmidt)

No comments: