Saturday, November 28, 2009

Battle of the Nerf Guns

So Dryst and I just finished 4 rounds of Nerf Death Match. I won, with a flawless victory and stealth, the first round and tied with simultaneous shots the next 2 rounds. The final round went to Dryst with a shot to the belly, after losing his hip and shoulder. Clearly, I won outright!

I like to play games with the kids. Sometimes I get frustrated because Dryst is getting better and better the older he gets, but then again, I still have the experience edge. Eventually he will catch up to my experience level, but I will still have guile and subterfuge on my side. His agility and speed are his current assets, but I am gaining my speed again after the accident.

In any event, I think it's fun to be able to run around and play like a kid, or even better, as one of the kids. At the homeschool group, I go outside and play zombies, football, soccer, and other fun stuff. I also play some Xbox 360 with them, but I suck at Halo 3. I am better at Left4Dead than Dryst, though he hates that one but likes Left4Dead 2.

In any event, I am reconnecting with my child-like qualities while still maintaining my knowledge and wisdom from "growing up."

What is the point of wasting all the time I have had to learn by sitting around watching TV or working all the time? Why not enjoy my whole life, rather than just the early parts?

No comments: