Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

I really enjoy cooking! Perfect for this time of year. I have made a squash medley, made up of butternut, acorn, and delicata squashes. With a little bit of maple syrup, vegan margarine and soy milk, it will make a lovely vegan squash dish! Well, the bit I tried tasted good!

I also made a stuffing with my own "poultry" seasoning, similar to Bell's, with onions and celery. Of course, I am not stuffing anything into the cloaca of a dead bird, but I call it the same. A friend calls it dressing, but I am also not dressing anything either.

I made a double batch of a great vegan gravy the other day. I brought some over to our homeschool group's Thanksgiving celebration, and I saved the other half for the mashed potatoes that we are going to make in the morning. Along with some steamed broccoli and the seitan that Quester made, we shall have a wonderful feast!

We are having 17 people for Thanksgiving this year, my Dad and his wife among the new folks this time around. I hope they enjoy themselves. They have a bunch of weird, freaky people to hang out with. Should be fun!

In any event, I am looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments: