Saturday, December 05, 2009

Pampering Myself

I don't often make a habit of taking the time to nurture or pamper myself. I do have comfortable bedding for when I sleep, but for the most part I don't think of it. When I came home from bringing Dryst to soccer, Starcat was enjoying a heating pad on her lower back because of cramps. So I tried it out and it felt really good!

I am thinking of putting an electric blanket on my bed for the upcoming winter. Why not heat it up a little while before sliding into that warm, comfortable bed? I am also going to add more days of "me time" during the month, maybe once per week, or more. I think I might take myself out to lunch (though some of you may already think I have!) or Starcat and I can go on a walking and lunch date too.

By far I do not live a decadent lifestyle, but I am really interested in taking more time to take care of myself and treat myself well. When I create my castle (or "catsle" because I am a lion after all) I want a room called the pillow room. Completely filled with pillows of all shapes, sizes and fluffiness. Perhaps a little decadence isn't a bad thing.

In any event, perhaps taking time to relax and take care of yourself from stressful times should be a priority. Why not brew that tea, find a comfy seat, and curl up with a great book? It will create within you a sense of connectedness and a sense of your own divinity.

No comments: