Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Something to Cheer About

So, some really fascinating realizations have come to light in my experience. I am coming into better alignment with who I am simply by checking that doubting feeling. Recognizing it and letting go. Nice!

I am usually a reserved person who observes then wordsmiths in and out of the conversation with funny quips and obvious (yet not always) thoughts. I used to feed (or did it feed on me) the laughter and groans of Captain Obvious. Really, it felt like I was needing approval for my weird brain thoughts.

Now that my new vision of those experiences has arisen, I have found that I am feeling good about myself regardless of what others may think of me.

Wow, revelation!

I am now able to express myself more freely without the demand of being "popular" or "right" (which had been my modus operandi for a while now). In fact, I am feeling more self-confident because I don't have to keep looking over my shoulder or try to justify my experience.

I am more calm and centered and I listen better too. Sure, I have often been a good listener, kind, generous, etc. Yet those were sometimes tied to my ego's need to be wanted and loved. I already know that about myself and I am always loved. Sweet!

If you are anything like I have been, it's going to be ok. Regardless of who you want to try to impress, the only person that really matters is your inner self for comparison. You know who you are, or if you don't know, check in on that.

Once you are more honest with yourself, you'll better come to realize that life is about being who you truly are and not worrying about anyone else. That doesn't free you from responsibility. In fact, it means you are more personally responsible for your own life and by sharing your gifts, you are really make a lasting impression on this planet. Now, it's just a matter of reminding more and more folk about their own inherent worthiness.

You can be who you are.

Now, that's something to cheer about!

Blessings!

No comments: