Thursday, April 14, 2016

I Am More Than (Poem)

I Am More Than
by BlackLion

I am more than this body you see before you.
I am more than the smiling face you kiss
on the cheek, on the lips, on the forehead.
I am more than thoughts that come out of my mouth.
I am more than the feelings that pour out as tears.
I am more than the one who
does the dishes, does the vacuuming, does the laundry.
I am more than the one who basks in the sunshine.
I am more than the one who
talks with the plants, the flowers, the critters.
I am more than the laughter during play time.
I am more than the silence in uncomfortable circumstance.
I am more than the words that develop on the page.
I am more than the one who flows
on the dance floor, under the moonlight, surrounded by fire.
I am more than the one who looks deep into the cosmos
wondering if others are returning the favor.
I am more than this spirit, this mind, this body.
I am more than you can possibly imagine
because I am more than I can possibly imagine.
I am more than my doubts, and worries, and fears.
I am more than contentment, joy, and happiness.
I am more than the sum of my parts.
I am more than the playful lion
who lounges in the bright sunshine napping.
I am more than the vast foaming oceans, the deep blue sky,
and the dense rocks beneath my feet.
I am more than a number, a piece, a cog, a vote.
I am more than I was yesterday.
I am more than I was a few minutes ago.
I am more than forgiveness, charity and greed.
I am more than the quixotic puzzles
that the universe continues to offer in my experience.
I am more than myself, more than you, more than us.
I am more than all that has, is, or will be.
I am more than you think.
I am Divine incarnate.
Blessed Be.

No comments: