Sunday, December 08, 2013

Gratitude Day 8: Dark Follies, Eckhart Tolle, and Life

I spent quite a bit of time today away from home. I have found that whenever I venture out into the world, I gain new perspectives. Today was one of those days. I do rather enjoy being in community and sharing space. One of my favorite things to do is hang out with friends. When we decide to do something creative or share a laugh, all the better.

Here are three gratitude foci for today:

1. Dark Follies
We had our regular Sunday morning rehearsal today, plus an additional evening one for our upcoming New Year's Eve show in Boston. What a great group of fine vaudevillian entertainers! We practiced improv techniques, shared new music, collaborated on more creativity, and had a great amount of fun in the process. I am thankful for all the avenues to expand and discover more ways to be creative. More creativity begets more creativity. Huzzah!

2. Echkart Tolle
I am reading his book The New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose. I have found quite a bit of insight in his works and have been able to apply some of the ideas in my own experience. Another stepping stone toward my true desire, being Present and being aligned with All-That-Is. By dropping my egoic mind and being enough in the present moment, I feel relief begin to flow more fully through me. I also saw an interview with him. I enjoyed his presence and demeanor. Perhaps we'll meet on common ground sooner than I know. :)

3. Life
The human dilemma of "me" and "my life" being separate has fallen away. I am both myself and life. I live and all that comes with that is also me. All life is is that spark in each of us, the eternal I am. When I realize how simple and exquisite my life is, I am thankful for being here more and more. I realize that I am integral to existence, as is everything. Which doesn't diminish my contribution but puts into perspective our commonalities. We are all here to be as we are. Great job everyone! We aren't any other way then we are now. And again... and again... :)

Blessings!


No comments: