Thursday, December 05, 2013

Gratitude Day 5: Cup Song, Being, and Upside-down puppies

Another round of thankful Thursday (though I am doing it all this month, not just Thursdays). :)

1. Cup Song
So at our Homeschool Co-op, most of the fam and many people (~ 100 or so), performed the Cup Song together today. Starcat and I played percussion, there were several ukulele and guitar players as well, and a bunch of cuppers and singers played the song. We did several runs of timing, melody, and singing, and then after a potluck lunch we got back together in a big room and played the song a couple times. I think we all had a fun time. :)

2. Being
I am really focused on being who I am and letting go of anything that doesn't jive with that. I guess the point is that by meditating, letting the egoic mind chatter away without getting attached, has really allowed me to accept myself and the world as it is. Like I mentioned yesterday, one of the conduits to this state of being is to simply accept life as it is. Relaxing into the flow of life allows me to be present and to create a joyful space in which to share myself with others. Calm within the chaos.

3. Upside-down Puppies
We have two sweet dog friends in our house, Star and Aine. They are both nice bitches, erm I mean female dogs. :) They are very friendly and love to have their bellies rubbed. Just a few moments ago, Star flipped over and started her happy song, then I rubbed her belly, of course. Who doesn't like belly rubs anyways? Not sure how to onomatopoeia her song but it is something like - huh huh awaaa huh huh. Occasionally she adds a snort for the finale. :) Sweet little pups!

No comments: