Friday, December 06, 2013

Gratitude Day 6: Catching Fire, Shopping, and a Good Cry

I am realizing that every day there are opportunities to grow and moments of joy to be had. The question to ask yourself is whether you are open to them or pinched off in some (or many) ways. Gratitude is a practice that I am implementing in my life. Ego has no desire to be a willing participant, yet my journey continues.

Here are today's moments of thanks.

 1. Catching Fire.
Starcat, ElvenTiger, and I went to see the 2nd installment of the Hunger Games this afternoon. What an exciting and entertaining movie! I really enjoyed reading the series and the adaptation was quite impressive. I recommend the books and the movies.

2. Shopping.
We also did a round of Holiday shopping in Portland, South Portland and Scarborough, stopping at multiple locations for various love ones. I enjoyed finding gifts and spending time with my family. A nice infusion of cheer.

3. A Good Cry.
Sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed with my vivid imagination and my ego monkey mind runs with it. I feel lost, alone, and worthless. I go curl up and let it all out. When that wave dissipates, I am left with only now. Stripped of all pretense and illusion, I am still here, raw and unknown. There is no end. There are no limits. There is only a deep and eternal love that shines its brilliance upon me, witness of my life. And that is enough.

No comments: